IMPORTANT NOTES ON INSTALLING AND USING YOUR NEW RACK
Do not trailer your boat with wakeboards in the racks
Wakeboard ropes can catch on wakeboard racks and wakeboards during sharp turns causing damage to boards and racks. Be careful to prevent the rope from catching on the wakeboard rack and warn all drivers of this possibility
Do not stand on the wakeboard rack as it can bend the tube or forks and abuse is not covered under warranty
Failure to tighten the rack mounts can result in a lost fork assembly, and is not covered by warranty.
Test this by pulling on the rack each time before use.
Note that this installation guide is only a guideline. Each boat is different and improvisation is needed to mount your accessories on your boat.
1. First assemble the two forks on the plate with 4x M6 screws, keep in mind that the forks should point up and make sure the logo is facing the outside of the forks and is not upside down.
2. Remove 4x hex head cap screws from mounting clamp.
Split collar and place proper size of black collar inserts inside mounting clamp. Reborn supply 1.75”, 1.875”, 2”, 2.25”,2.375” total 5 rubber collars in the standard package.
3. Select a suitable location for your rack. For the Reborn tower, it is best to mount the rack about 2/3rd of the way up the rear legs.
Reborn racks could be installed on either vertical or horizontal bar.
4. Place mounting collar on tower and replace the 4x M6 hex head cap screws. Tighten screws to a torque setting of 22 ft/lbs. It is important to tighten the screws evenly or collar may bind, causing thread damage. A small gap between mounting collar halves will remain when tightened properly.
Notice: Improper bolt torque could lead to poor performance or product failure.
5. Attach the plate assembly on the mounting clamp which is mounted on the tower. Swivel the rack into a horizontal position, and use the knob to tighten the side M8 screw first. Pay attention the center hole of the backing plate is in alignment with the center hole on the clamp.
Then insert the big knob and make sure to tighten the knob so that the rack will not fall off during use.
Care and Maintenance
I. Be sure to check and tighten all fasteners and connections prior to every use.
II. You can maintain the new appearance of your board racks by wiping with a clean damp cloth after each use.
Soapy water, car wax or a commercially available marine water spot remover can be used as needed.
Avoid abrasive materials that might scratch the finish.
III. Always rinse rack after using on salt (brackish) water.